STEPS TAP PROGRAM
Implemented TAP program during 2011 to 2015 in Venkatagiri and Pellakuru mandals in Nellore district, Supported by Lead Partner Vasavya Mahila Mandali, Vijayawada, funding from DIFD, UK and Technical support from TB Alert , India.
Target people are communities infected and affected by TB, HIV/AIDS and Co-Infection.
To organize health and awareness services to the underserved communities who are infected and affected by TB, HIV/AIDS and Co-Infection in Andhra Pradesh.
1. Organizing Awareness meetings to create awareness about TB, HIV & Co-infection among the people at grass root level.
2. Organizing Mass Events to explain about TB, HIV & Co-Infection to Political Leaders, Teachers,Community People, SHG Leaders.
4. Organizing community core group meetings for Political leaders, ANMs, Asha volunteers, Anganwadi workers, Teachers and SHG Leaders and involving them in group meetings.
5. Motivating adults to form support groups. Explaining about the symptoms of TB and HIV and how to refer the suspected persons to the testing centre.
6. Arranging Health Forum meetings to explain about our program activities.
Because of the involvement of Support group members in our program activities, they are referring suspected persons to the testing centres.
1381 People referred for ICTC, 1282 are tested. Among them 59 are positive for HIV.
1157 are tested. Among them 222 are positive for TB.
15835 People were created awareness about TB in 711 meetings. 7451 Women, 4991 Men and 3393 Children participated in the meetings.
8776 Members’ formed20 Adult support groups with 6208 Women, 2568 Men, 560 Adult Support group meetings Organised.
2688 Children formed into 4 Children support groups. 150 Children support groups meetings Organised
905 Members formed Community support group . Conducted 19 meetings.
602 Members formed Grannies group. Organised Conducted 36 meetings.
12855 People, 6891 Women, 3486 Men, 2478 Children, participated in 97 Mass events.
8265 People participated in 20 Observational days.
11867 People attended 42 Trainings.